Tech Center students earn two grand awards and nine first place awards at Industrial Technology competition
MUSKEGON: Students from the Career Tech Center (CTC) in Muskegon earned two Grand Awards, nine first place, seven second place, and seven third place awards at the Michigan Industrial Technology Education Society (MITES) state competition. The event took place at the Lansing Convention Center, May 11–15, 2022, and included students from the CTC’s Auto Collision/Refinishing, Computer-Aided Design, Graphic Production, and Machining/Engineering Technology programs.
The competition compared student projects in various industrial technology categories from high schools and tech centers throughout Michigan. The projects were judged by industry professionals based on accuracy, craftsmanship, and difficulty.
“I could not be more honored to work with such dedicated and motivated students,” shared CTC Computer-Aided Design instructor Troy Foster.
- Cole Peters (Montague), first place, Wrought Metal
- Cristian Ramirez (Muskegon), second place, Open
- Collin Leech (Fruitport), second place, Wrought Metal
- Jordan Hernandez (Orchard View), first place, Architectural Presentation; first place, Topographic Map; second place, Architectural Rendering–Interior
- Ashley Foster (Mona Shores), first place, Glass Art; third place, Architectural Presentation; third place, Topographic Map; third place, Technical Writing
- Bradley Deephouse (Fruitport), second place, Topographic Map
- Maliya Mahoney (Orchard View), Grand Champion Winner, Graphic Arts
- Jonah Newell (Fruitport), first place, Poster Design One Color
- Gillis Knapp (Montague), first place, Screen Printing Textiles
- Ethan Bourne (Oakridge), first place, Digital Illustration
- Angelina Givens (Holton), third place, Digital Illustration
- Riley Spitma (Reeths-Puffer), Grand Award and first place,
- Tyler Bradtmueller (Ravenna), first place, Hand Tool Sets & Combinations
- Teagan Bayne (Holton), second place, Hand Tool Sets & Combinations
- Joseph Beckley (Fruitport), second place, Mating Moving Parts
- Miles Markley (Montague), second place, Single Machined Han Tool Parts
- Gavin Briggs (Reeths-Puffer), third place, Mating Moving Parts
- Waya Oaks (Mona Shores), third place, Engines
- Seth Parker (Reeths-Puffer), third place, Sporting Goods
MITES is a professional organization of industrial technology and career technical education educators whose purpose is the development of industrial and technology education at all levels of private and public education.