Action through Volunteers and Committees
The heart of the Chamber is the work of our volunteer committees. The committees are formed to meet the needs recognized by members for the benefit of business and the community. A thriving community depends on the strengths of its business community.
Chamber Ambassador Committee
The mission of the Ambassador League is to promote the interests of business and the Chamber by participating in events, delivering member plaques, helping with member appreciation, recruiting new members and attending monthly meetings, all while having fun and networking with businesses.
- Michael Apostle, Journey Construction Group
- Jerry Conrad, Toastmasters #3009
- Aaron DeVries, PNC Bank
- Kyle DeWitt, Custer Inc.
- Alex Fonseca, Fresh Coat Painters
- Tamica Fox, MillerKnoll
- Marisol Garcia Linstrom, Stockton Mortgage
- Roberta Gee-Mitchell, Shoreline Services PHC
- Colleen Gibson, SERVPRO of Muskegon & Holland
- Tina Hall, Gielow, Groom, Terpstra & McEvoy, Attorneys at Law
- Jennifer Hamdorf, Huntington National Bank
- Lori Johnson, The Lemon Blossom Boutique
- Paula Kendra, Kendra Consulting
- Lisa Kraus, Edward Jones – Lisa Kraus
- Nicole Lawrence, Consumers Credit Union
- Audrey Link, Max Graphics
- Tom Palmer, Shoreline Insurance Agency Inc.
- Juan Ramirez, Coldwell Banker Woodland Schmidt Muskegon
- Mary Beth Ramos, Ramos and Sons Auto Body
- Martha Samuel, WORKFORCE Staffing
- Jamie Soderstrom, Workbox Staffing
- Don Speier, Next I.T. LLC
- Tracy Straight, Shelby State Bank
- Kaja Thornton Hunter, Overcoming Barriers/Kaja’s Flavor Packs/ The Business Cafe
- Samara Tobar, epi breads
- Keri Wade, RE/MAX West
- Kara Zielinski, United Way of the Lakeshore
- Chamber Staff Liaison: Tamara Jackson-Gatewood, Director of Membership Services
The Chamber’s Government Affairs Committee works with elected officials on the local, state and federal levels of government to influence pro-business policies that support economic growth. Participation in the political arena from all citizens in the community is essential for dynamic growth! Government Affairs Committee Priorities
- Ryan Bennett, West Michigan Plumbers, Fitters and Service Trades Local No. 174
- Steve Carey, Potomac Strategic Development Company, LLC
- Morgan Carroll, Greater Muskegon Economic Development
- Arlen-Dean Gaddy, Erhardt Construction
- Wes Eklund, Fleet Engineers, Inc.
- Shannon Enders, Lakeshore Employee Benefits
- Kevin Even, Smith Haughey Rice & Roegge
- Laura Fitzpatrick, Trinity Health Muskegon/Health Project
- Autumn Gillard, Trinity Health
- Amy Heisser, Howmet Aerospace Inc.
- Andy Johnston, Grand Rapid Area Chamber of Commerce
- Brian Lang, Warner Norcross + Judd LLP
- William Lievense, Capitol Group Consultants
- Joshua Lunger, Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce
- Steve Olsen, Northern Machine Tool Co.
- Eric Ringelberg, Next I.T. LLC
- Sharlene Shineldecker, Transnation Title Agency of Michigan
- Jeff Snyder, Comcast Business
- John Workman, Eagle Alloy, Inc.
- Adam Zuwerink, West Michigan Law, P.C.
- Chamber Staff Liaison – Cindy Larsen, President
- Chamber Staff Liaison – Rachel Gorman, Chief Operations Officer
Committee Membership is by appointment.
Muskegon Heights Business Association
The MHBA is a group of Muskegon Heights business leaders that have come together to create positive change.
- A new business association has formed in the city of Muskegon Heights. The Muskegon Heights Business Association is a group of businesses, large and small, who have joined forces to create a “united voice” for a supportive business climate. Their intention is to build a thriving business community in this important core city.
- The association members are eager to support other clean-up projects in Muskegon Heights and along Sherman Blvd.
- The group also plans to work closely with city officials, the Muskegon Lakeshore Chamber, and Muskegon Area First to advocate for better roads and new development.
President, Rolar Products
Advocacy and Manufacturing Manager, Muskegon Lakeshore Chamber of Commerce
This committee is comprised of local law enforcement and strategic business members that work to promote and execute the County’s Silent Observer Crime Stopping Program.
ATHENA on the Lakeshore
This committee gathers to produce the ATHENA on the Lakeshore Awards. The program is presented annually to recognize individuals who exhibit the spirit of regional collaboration.
The Chamber Classic Committee serves to assist in meeting the goals of the annual Chamber Classic golf outing, the main fundraiser for Silent Observer.