Awards are presented annually to recognize outstanding lakeshore women who excel in their professions, give back to their communities and help to raise other women leaders.
ATHENA on the Lakeshore luncheon will be held Tuesday, October 3 from 11:30am-1:00pm.
ATHENA International is a non-profit organization that seeks to support, develop and honor women leaders. The program was founded in 1982 by Martha Mayhood Mertz. Since the program’s inception, more than 7,000 awards have been presented in over 500 communities across 8 countries.
The ATHENA leadership model identifies eight attributes that are reflective of women’s contributions to leadership: living authentically, learning constantly, advocating fiercely, acting courageously, fostering collaboration, building relationships, giving back and celebrating.
This committee gathers monthly to produce the ATHENA on the Lakeshore Awards.
- Cindy Achterhoff, Chair, ChoiceOne Bank
- Rose Dunlap, Gracious Grounds
- Rachel Gorman, Pioneer Resources
- Antoinette Martin, The Chamber Grand Haven, Spring Lake, Ferrysburg
- Emily Morgenstern, Muskegon Lakeshore Chamber of Commerce
- Abby Selby, Selby Tax & Accounting PC
- Keria Shineldecker, Transnation Title
- Dwana Thompson, City of Muskegon
- Stacey Ruwe (2022)
- Brianna T. Scott (2019)
- Mary Boyd (2018)
- Kelly Springer (2017)
- Tracy L.N. Wilson (2016)
- Renae Hesselink (2015)
- Helen Zeerip (2014)
- Leslie Brown (2013)
- Patricia VerDuin (2012)
- Candace Dugan (2011)
- Elizabeth Rolinski (2010)
- Blanche Smith (2009)
- Judith Hayner (2008)
- Nancy Miller (2007)
- Nancy McCarthy (2006)
- Nancy Crandall (2005)
Past Young Recipients
- Rachel Gorman (2022)
- Abby Selby (2019)
- Meghan Heritage (2018)
- Stefanie Herder (2017)
- Sara Julius (2016)
- Sarah Rinsema-Sybenga (2015)
- Kris Collee (2014)