Having a voice in the government is essential to a successful business.
Your Chamber is proud to offer advocacy staff and volunteers who are dedicated to working with local, state, and federal elected officials to influence pro-business policies.
The Government Affairs Committee sets the agenda for your legislative priorities annually. Building better relationships with local government leaders is the top priority.
Successful advocacy efforts include downtown development, improved transportation, career education, Muskegon Promise, Great Lakes protection, port development, general local and regional economic development, and social justice.
Muskegon Heights Business Association
The MHBA is a group of business leaders who have come together to create positive change and build a thriving business community with a united voice for a supportive business climate.
Meet the Candidates
Throughout the year the chamber offers events and virtual opportunities so you can get to know candidates to build relationships and vote accordingly. Every other year the committee organizes a local Economic Summit where businesses and elected officials discuss issues facing our community.
Government Affairs Committee Members
- Co-chair- Viktor Anderson, Structural Concepts
- Co-chair- Amber Mae Peterson, The Fish Monger’s Wife, LLC
- Ryan Bennet, West Michigan Plumbers, Fitters and Service Trades Local No. 174
- Ryan Bryker, BDO
- Steve Carey, Potomac Strategic Development Company, LLC
- Morgan Carroll, Greater Muskegon Economic Development
- Jim Edmonson, Greater Muskegon Economic Development
- Wes Eklund, Fleet Engineers, Inc.
- Shannon Enders, Lakeshore Employee Benefits
- Kevin Even, Smith Haughey Rice & Roegge
- Laura Fitzpatrick, Mercy Health/Health Project
- Autumn Gillard, Trinity Health
- Amy Heisser, Howmet Aerospace Inc.
- Andy Johnston, Grand Rapid Area Chamber of Commerce
- Brian Lang, Warner Norcross + Judd LLP
- William Lievense, Capitol Group Consultants
- Joshua Lunger, Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce
- Gary Nelund, Gary Nelund Insurance Agency
- Dale Nesbary, Muskegon Community College
- Eric Ringelberg, Next I.T. LLC
- Robert Scolnik, Mona Lake Productions, LLC
- Sharlene Shineldecker, Transnation Title Agency of Michigan
- Jeff Snyner, Comcast Business
- John Workman, Eagle Alloy, Inc.
- Adam Zuwerink, West Michigan Law, P.C.
- Chamber Staff Liaison – Cindy Larsen, President
- Chamber Staff Liaison – Jen Loechle, Executive Manager and Innovation Lead
Committee Membership is by appointment