West Michigan Sustainable Business Forum is now seeking candidates for nomination to its Board of Directors for a two-year term. The Board of Directors establishes policies for the care and conduct of the organization and its operations, including those that promote sound planning and fiscal responsibility.
The board meets six times per year.
- Establish policies for administering programs and services that are in harmony with the mission of the organization. Refrain from becoming involved in operational or administrative detail.
- Assure leadership of the organization’s fund development efforts.
- Be a meaningful financial supporter of the organization at the appropriate level.
- Monitor the financial affairs of the organization to assure that they are conducted in a responsible fashion in accordance with established policy.
- Monitor the stewardship of the property of the organization in order that it is protected and is properly maintained.
- Promote the forum in business and the community.
- Be an active participant in forum programs and events.
- Plan for the future.
The application form can be found here. Applications due by April 16.