Sailor Salute To Honor Community Heroes
“Event Honors Active Duty Military, Veterans and First Responders”
NORTON SHORES, Mich., September 2, 2022 – The award winning Sailor Salute, features a salute to veterans, active duty military, police, fire and first responders all wrapped around a football game between Mona Shores High School and Holland High School on Friday, September 9th, 2022 with activities beginning at 5:00pm and the football game beginning at 7:00pm.
Check out this link for a cool site that outlines all information:
Mona Shores Sailor Salute Informational Site
PURPOSE: The evening serves three purposes.
First, the event is meant to HONOR those who serve or have served our country in the military, in our police and fire departments, or as an emergency responder.
Second, the event is meant to EDUCATE our community of issues and needs that exist within these areas of service and remind those in attendance of the freedoms we enjoy.
Finally, the event is meant to CONNECT all of these branches of service with our community. As part of our great and proud Muskegon community, Mona Shores simply wants to celebrate such service.
- S. Army Blackhawk Helicopter will land near the stadium and be open for tours.
- Static displays of military hardware from all branches of the military.
- World War II airplane flyovers during National Anthem
- Michigan Vietnam Memorial Wall on display
- 338th Army Band performances
- Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Parade
- The football teams will participate in a special meet and greet with all veterans, military, police, fire and first responder just prior to the game.
- A POW/MIA remembrance ceremony that includes a moment of silence and the playing of “Taps.”
- Cheerleaders from both Holland and West and Mona Shores will knock out 22 pushups to raise awareness of veteran suicide prevention.
FOOTBALL GAME: The Mona Shores Sailors will host the Holland Dutch. Sailor Stadium is at 1121 Seminole Rd. Norton Shores, MI 49441. Game tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for students. ALL current and former military, police, fire, and emergency responders are granted free admission if they are in uniform or have representative dress of servitude.
HOW CAN I PARTICIPATE? Members of the public – young, old, whether or not they are affiliated with Mona Shores or Holland – are welcome to take part in all activities.
For more information please follow us on Facebook at Sailor Salute 2022: https://fb.me/e/3xp9KJHqu or contact Mona Shores Director of Athletics, Todd Conrad at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 231-332-8312.