CONTACT: JODI KITTLE
MUSKEGON LAKESHORE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
April 20, 2017
New Event to Discuss Economic Development
MUSKEGON, MICHIGAN – Muskegon County is changing its profile on many levels. Therefore, The Muskegon Lakeshore Chamber of Commerce and Muskegon Area First have organized a new event called the Muskegon County Economic Summit. This event focuses on gathering key decision makers of local government and business to discuss issues related to the Muskegon Lake port, infrastructure projects, community safety, transportation, cost of government and more.
“The dynamics around our local economy are changing rapidly,” says Cindy Larsen, President of the Muskegon Lakeshore Chamber of Commerce. “This summit is designed to get our local decision makers up to speed on topics that impact our residents.” In addition, The Economic Summit will provide networking opportunities among community leaders that otherwise, may not be possible.
There are nine program presenters to date:
- Mayor Steve Gawron, City of Muskegon
- DJ Hilson, Muskegon County
- Sam Janson, City of North Muskegon
- Erin Kuhn, West Michigan Shoreline Development Regional Commission
- Mike Meyers, Norton Shores
- Mayor Gary Nelund, Norton Shores
- Frank Peterson, City of Muskegon
- Sheriff Mike Poulin, Muskegon County
- Mayor Chris Witham, City of North Muskegon
The 2017 Muskegon County Economic Summit will take place on Friday, May 12, 2017 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the Muskegon Innovation Hub. Admission is $25 per person. You can register online at www.muskegon.org.