Being your authentic self with celebration and joy are the primary characteristics of an ATHENA recipient. Nominations are now being accepted for individuals living and/or working in Muskegon or Ottawa counties who exhibit the ATHENA criteria. These prestigious ATHENA Awards presented annually by the Lakeshore Chambers recognizes and celebrates individuals: both women and men for their professional excellence, community service and mentoring.
An ATHENA Award nominee:
- Is an established leader and mentor who assists women in reaching their full potential
- Demonstrates excellence, creativity and initiative in their business or profession
- Acts courageously and can be a fierce advocate who gives back
- Exhibits the spirit of regional collaboration
An ATHENA Young Professional Nominee:
- Is an emerging leader who demonstrates excellence, creativity and initiative in their business or profession
- Serves as a role model for young women personally and professionally
- Is 40 years old or younger, and has a minimum of five (5) years professional experience
- Provides valuable service to improve the quality of life for others in the community
Nominations must be submitted by June 25, 2018 using the ATHENA on the Lakeshore Award nomination form or the online fillable form that can be obtained from the websites of the Lakeshore Chambers: The Chamber of Commerce Grand Haven, Spring Lake, Ferrysburg and the Muskegon Lakeshore Chamber of Commerce.
The award finalists will be announced and honored at the ATHENA on the Lakeshore Award Luncheon on Tuesday, October 2, 2018 at the Muskegon Country Club, 2801 Lakeshore Drive, Muskegon. PNC Bank is the premier sponsor for the ATHENA on the Lakeshore event.