What’s Currently Available?
*Information is continuously being updated. Please ask HPL staff, visit hackleylibrary.org, or visit HPL’s Facebook page for the latest updates.
HPL Main Building Hours:
10 am – 2 pm, Monday through Saturday
Local History/Genealogy (Torrent House) Hours:
10 am – 2 pm, Tuesday through Friday
HPL Main Building:
Returning Items – Items can be returned inside the Library during open hours, or outside to the Book Drop. All items with due dates during the closure will be back-dated, and no overdue late fines will be accrued.
Access to Public Computers – Public computer usage will be by appointment. Appointments can be made by calling (231) 722-8009 during open hours, or by stopping by the Library.
Browsing – Browsing is now available in certain areas of the library, including the Fiction section, Large Print section, Audiobooks section, and the Youth Services bookstacks.
Checking Out Items, Curbside Pickup Available – Patrons are able to browse certain sections, or can request items in person to checkout at the Library. Patrons can place holds on items online, or inside the Library, and pick them up inside the Library or via curbside pickup.
How to check out items?
1. Patrons are able to browse certain sections of the Library.
2. It is our pleasure to retrieve the items that are available in the Library upon request.
4. For patrons who wish to place a hold on an item (whether in person or online), they will be notified when a hold is ready for pickup. Item(s) can be picked up inside at the service desk, or through curbside pickup.
a. Inside pickup does NOT require an appointment.
b. Curbside pickup does require an appointment; a time must be requested at least one hour prior to the intended pickup time.
5. If curbside pickup is requested, a patron will be given an order number for the requested time. Order number must be provided to pick up order.
6. Please limit curbside pickup to one order per vehicle/family, per day.
Youth Services Dept – Limited Services
HPL’s YS department is open for holds pick-up, in-person item requests, checkouts, and browsing bookstacks
HPL’s non-fictions bookstacks remain closed at this time. HPL’s Youth Services computers, and activity areas remain closed at this time.
HPL Local History & Genealogy Building (Torrent House):
Access to Public Computers – Public computers are available by appointment only. Two hours per day per patron.
Microfilm Reading – Microfilm reader is available by appointment. Two hours per day per patron.
Digitized Materials – HPL Staff will continue to provide delivery of digitized materials via email.
Torrent House bookstacks remain closed at this time.
Your safety is our utmost priority! To ensure that Hackley Public Library is a safe environment for Library patrons, HPL will be following suggested guidelines.
• Visitors are required to wear a face mask/covering at all times while being in the Library.
• All visitors to the Library are required to practice social distancing by maintaining at least six feet apart from library staff and patrons.
• Visitors are strongly encouraged to wash their hands and/or utilize hand sanitizer. Visitors are asked to avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouth.
• Conversations between library visitors that are not specific to the library services are prohibited in the building and at least 30 feet from the entrance.
• Conversations with staff are to be kept short and related to the specific reasons that the Library is open.
• Visits to the Library are to be for a specific purpose like picking up materials or using a public computer.
• Access to restrooms is for library visitors utilizing specific library services only.
• Smoking of any kind is prohibited anywhere on Library property.