Muskegon County averages over 1,000 job openings at any given time! The jobs and careers are diverse and in multiple industry sectors. There are numerous ways to start looking at jobs that are available, and there are many places to list position openings.
For Job Seekers:
The first place that you should contact when seeking a job is West Michigan Works!. You can also access the Pure Michigan Talent Connect job board to search current open positions. Many organizations list their job openings on their own website; you can use the Chamber’s membership directory to target specific businesses or industries. The Chamber directory has over 1,200 local companies, non-profits, and local government website links.
Tell us about your job openings
Your search for local talented employees should start by contacting West Michigan Works! They offer a variety of services to employers. If you have questions, they also have business representatives you can speak with to address your specific needs. Please share your job opportunities on the Chamber Facebook page and in the Chamber LinkedIn Group.
Looking for an Internship?
The Chamber is always accepting resumes for interns. Projects may vary based on skill set. If you are seeking an internship for experience or college credit, click here for more information.
There are numerous resources available locally for both the job seeker and the chamber member employers. Here is a great list with links to consider. If you have questions about these organizations, please contact our membership team for more information.
We have partnerships with businesses and nonprofits that specialize in connecting job seekers with businesses that are hiring. For more specific talent recruitment needs, contact us at 231-722-3751 and we can point you to the proper resource.
Talent Recruitment Tips:
1) Market through your own employees to identify friends and family who want to work for your organization
2) Establish internship programs with high schools and colleges. This is not just for large companies – small businesses are doing this too. It can be done!
3) Utilize the services of West Michigan Works! and local staffing agencies
4) Offer the best wage and benefit package you can afford
5) Use all recruitment technology avenues available
6) Rethink your facilities. Are they attractive and comfortable to promote teamwork, productivity, and creativity?
7) Consider unique reward programs such as Lakeshore Community Cash, food truck day, recreational team building and volunteer programs, and health club memberships
Find a business