Muskegon County’s diverse economy has more than 3,000 employers, including large companies like Arconic and Mercy Health as well as small, but influential businesses. If you’re looking for a job, there are numerous online resources and the Chamber is here to help.
Use the resources to the right to connect with area resources that can help you with job placement. Also, use the Chamber’s membership directory to target specific industries.
Tell us about your job openings
Chamber members are encouraged to share their job postings with Chamber staff – email a job description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, tell the rest of the community about your hiring needs through social media. Please share your job opportunities on the Chamber Facebook page and in the Chamber LinkedIn Group.
Talent Recruitment Tips:
1) Market through your own employees to identify friends and family who want to work for your organization
2) Establish internship programs with high schools and colleges. This is not just for large companies – small businesses are doing this too. It can be done!
3) Utilize the services of West Michigan Works! and local staffing agencies
4) Offer the best wage and benefit package you can afford
5) Use all recruitment technology avenues available
6) Rethink your facilities. Are they attractive and comfortable to promote teamwork, productivity, and creativity?
7) Consider unique reward programs such as Lakeshore Community Cash, food truck day, recreational team building and volunteer programs, and health club memberships
The Chamber is always accepting resumes for interns. Projects may vary based on skill set. If you are seeking an internship for experience or college credit, contact us to see if we may be the right fit for you. Email your resume to email@example.com.
We have partnerships with businesses and nonprofits that specialize in connecting job seekers with businesses that are hiring. For more specific talent recruitment needs, contact us at 231-722-3751 and we can point you to the proper resource.
Find a business