This is just the beginning of what’s to come… Watch US GO!
• More than 1,000 jobs available for skilled workers
• Over $1 Billion in major new developments either underway or proposed. Click here to view full list of developments
• Mercy Health Muskegon’s new healthcare center totaling over $270 million
• Muskegon Community College downtown campus totaling over $18 million
• Windward Pointe waterfront development currently in planning stage
• Launch of Muskegon Promise, providing two years of free college to eligible students in Muskegon County.
• 1.5 million annual visitors to Muskegon County
• 13 museums including the new Michigan’s Heritage Park
• Second largest outdoor farmers market in Michigan
• 180,000 high-speed ferry passengers on the Lake Express annually
• Home to the largest cluster of aerospace manufacturing in the U.S.
• 14 miles of lakefront bike trails and more than 60 miles of trail in total
• 16 new buildings constructed and 27 building renovations in Downtown Muskegon over the past 10 years
• 7 growing destination festivals
• Award-winning and world-class Culinary Institute of Michigan
• Cleaner waterways with expansive beaches (27 miles of Lake MI Beach!)
• Pearl Mist made 10 stops at the Port of Muskegon, which exposed over 2,000 passengers and crew to beautiful Muskegon
• Home to 1 of 4 luge tracks in the United States
• More than 30 locally-owned outdoor dining options, 8 right on the water, 4 with boater access!
Residents of Muskegon spend their leisure time fishing, boating, swimming, relaxing on the river and walking the beach during spectacular sunsets.
The secret is out. We are one of the lowest cost of living waterfront destinations in the country and only hours away from Chicago or Detroit and in commuting distance to the second largest Michigan city, Grand Rapids. Muskegon’s housing options are endless. Whether you are looking for a downtown loft, family farm estate, a lakeside cottage or anything in between, you will find it in Muskegon County. Housing here can meet the needs of any budget.
Muskegon is increasingly gaining popularity as a desired destination for young professionals seeking an attractive, vibrant place to live and grow. On the other hand, seniors looking to spend their golden years here find centers for socialization like parks and libraries, public events, concerts, sporting events and meetings that shape the community. There is access to ample public transportation, many opportunities for volunteering, and access to world-class healthcare facilities.
Let your employees, clients, co-workers, friends, and family members choose the gifts they really want and get a taste of what makes the Muskegon Lakeshore a great place to live, work and play with Lakeshore Community Cash!Buy some now