Cost of Health Care Becomes Number One Priority for Muskegon Chamber
The cost of health care trumps workforce development as the number one priority on the Chamber’s 2013 advocacy agenda. Both in 2011 and 2012, workforce development was identified by members of the Chamber as the number one priority of the Chamber’s Government Affairs Committee. With the changes coming with health care reform, the cost of health care now tops the advocacy agenda.
These results reinforce the Chamber’s annual theme to Build Community Through Health + Commerce, showing just how concerned the business community is about the rising cost of health care.
2013 – Top Priority Issues
1. Cost of health care - 90.60%
2. Attracting/Retaining an educated workforce - 89.80%
3. Developing educated/qualified workers - 89%
4. Prevention of invasive species into Great Lakes - 89%
5. Promote Muskegon Co. as a place to live - 87.50%
2012 – Top 6 Priority Issues
1. Attracting and retaining an educated workforce - 65%
2. The cost of health care - 65%
3. Prevention of invasive species in the Great Lakes - 62%
4. Downtown Redevelopment – 59.6%
5. Developing educated/qualified workers - 59.5%
6. Promote Muskegon County as a place for workers to live – 59.3%
Thank you to everyone who took the time to take the survey.